At the end of June, Karsyn and I went to Oklahoma to visit my mom’s grandparents. It was a blast! Here are some pictures from our trip!

June 25: We left that afternoon, about 5 and drove to Vegas. We stayed with my dad’s sister that night.

June 26: Woke up at 3:30 AM to be at the airport by 4 AM. Boarded the plane about 6 AM.


Luckily, we got the window seat. Unfortunately, we had to sit by a guy that had REALLY stinky breath and slept with his mouth open the whole way. It was about 2.5 hours. We had a layover in Dallas. I was so scared that I wouldn’t make it to my connecting flight because it was the first time I had travelled “alone” before, plus the first time with my child. I barely made it to the train that took me to the correct gate. Right as we got on the train, the doors closed. From Dallas, it was only a 30 minute flight. Once we landed, my grandma came in and found us! Karsyn was NOT happy to see them. He SCREAMED and cried. Poor guy. Must’ve thought they were going to take him without me. #mommasboyalert. We went to eat at Cheddar’s. Holy smokes. That place is amazing! Then we drove to their house, which is about 1.5 hours away from the airport.

June 27: We went to lunch and just hung out.


June 28: Went to lunch in Carrie Underwood’s hometown! Karsyn helped grandma sweep the front porch, then we helped Papa spray weeds, then went for a ride in the gator {which my grandma WON a couple years back!}.




July 3: Went shopping in Muskogee!

1003691_10201367935298245_298577923_nScored me some awesome patriotic BOBS for only $20 at The Shoe Department.

July 4: Hung out with the family and lit fireworks. Karsyn had a blast. He just HAD to be RIGHTTHERE when Hunter was lighting the fireworks. #pyro


After we lit a few small ones, we went up above the lake and watched the town’s fireworks. Then came home and lit more, including one titled “Redneck Blaster” which was a rather large firework that tipped over while shooting and landed within INCHES of my foot.

July 5: Lit the leftover sparklers.


July 6: Went to Eufaula Lake and had ourselves a grand ol’ time!


July 8: My grandma’s dad passed, so while she had to leave to help her brother figure out the funeral arrangements. We stayed and helped Papa water flowers and check the mail.


That night, when grandma came back, we went out to dinner at a place on the lake. After we were done, we fed the ducks.



July 9: Last night in OK. Karsyn was finally getting used to grandma and Papa. Him and grandma went on a walk around the yard and found some locus shells.


July 10: Wasting some time before we had to be at the airport.


I am so thankful for the 2 weeks that we got to spend out there with our awesome grandparents. It’s a trip I won’t forget. Unfortunately, I know Karsyn won’t remember it, except for the pictures, so it’s a good thing I took a lot. I am so blessed to have such a great family.

Have you been to Oklahoma before? What did you do for fun?




So, what do ya think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s